Registrations for this course are available until June 30, 2021.
The assisted living administrator training consists of 30 virtual classroom hours. The classroom content will cover topics generic to all administrators in assisted living.
This program will meet the requirements of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services for assisted living administrator training. A wide range of information will be covered including administration, financial management, resident care and services, social services, gerontology, and rules, regulations and standards relating to the operation of an assisted living facility.
At the completion of the assisted living administrator training, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the administrator in managing the operation of the facility.
- Discuss the philosophy and principles of assisted living.
- Describe the responsibilities for an administrator related to the financial aspects of the facility.
- Develop a system for identifying a resident’s needs and incorporating them into the Resident Service Agreement.
- Relate the provision of services to a resident with changing needs.
- Describe the normal aging process in relation to care and services.
- Review the rules and regulations and standards of operation related to the assisted living facility.
This training is designed for any individual in an administrator/director/manager position in an assisted living facility.
This program has been approved by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health, Licensure Unit, and complies with 175 NAC 4-006.02A per 175 NAC 4-006.02C for the initial administrator training requirements.
Continuing Education Hours
This training is appropriate for the educational requirement for assisted living administrators. This education program meets the continuing competency requirements of up to 30 hours for the renewal/reinstatement of a Nebraska Nursing Home Administrator’s license as granted by the Nebraska Board of Nursing Home Administrators. This program meets the criteria for continuing education of 30 hours for nurses.
Participants must stay in the education program the entire time to receive full credit.