For more information, questions or assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
CE Hours for Individuals — $199/member and $249/non-members
3.0 NAB approved CEs and 3 contact hours for nurses through the Iowa Board of Nursing will be awarded upon successful completion of the quiz.
The COVID-19 pandemic has shaken the healthcare industry to its core. Infection prevention and control practices have been challenged at every corner. This course will review how COVID-19 spreads, how to track and report the illness including the regulatory requirements for infection prevention and control. It will review the basics of infection prevention and control practices and will look at the future of infection prevention and control. The course will describe the process for cohorting and utilizing testing to inform cohorting practices. It will look at how to conduct self-assessment processes to continually evaluate and improve the infection prevention and control program in long term care centers. Lastly, the course will review the process and necessity of screening practices and notifications to residents, families, and their representatives including the importance of communication.
- Describe the biology and spread of COVID-19
- Explain the regulatory requirements
- Discuss tracking illness & reporting to States/NHSN
- Identify steps for monitoring staff use of PPE, TBC, & handwashing
- Describe the process of cohorting
- Discuss using ICAR to conduct self-assessment
- Explain the process and necessity for screening visitors
- Discuss notifying residents, families, & resident representatives
- Review infection prevention and control in the post-COVID-19 world
Nurses, Administrators, Nursing Home Leadership/Management (Clinical & Non-Clinical Leaders)