Pamela Truscott, MSN, RN, DNS-CT, QCP
After completing this course, participants will:
- Be able to identify peripheral intravenous lines
- Be able to identify central intravenous lines
- Understand legal aspects of intravenous therapy
- Understand infection prevention and control procedures
- Be able to identify information contained in the Nurse Practice Act and regulations governing intravenous therapy
There are new state regulations that require all licensed practical nurses to complete an IV therapy eight-hour didactic course prior to Aug. 24, 2022. All LPNs must complete the training to maintain an active Nebraska license, regardless of whether they will be performing IV therapy in their work setting. This course meets the didactic portion of the new requirement and counts toward the annual continuing education requirement for an LPN license. LPNs who have been previously licensed as LPN‑Cs or graduated after May 1, 2016, have already fulfilled the new requirements, and do not need to complete the didactic and skills training.
LPNs that graduated before May 1, 2016 and have not completed an IV therapy eight-hour didactic course.
Continuing Education Hours
8 Continuing Education Hours Available
**Please defer to your licensing board or agency to ensure courses taken meet your license requirements**