This course contains 6 modules that provide an in-depth description of each feature of the CMS Skilled Nursing Facility Value Based Purchasing (SNF VBP) program along with helpful tools, documents, and primary source references to the program. This course covers how CMS calculates the 1) rehospitalization rates, including risk adjustments, 2) a facility’s performance score, and 3) the resulting incentive payment multiplier, which is used to adjust a facility’s Part A payments.
Modules also provide demonstrations on how to access and interpret CMS feedback reports, like the SNF VBP Performance Score Report containing your incentive payment multiplier information, and AHCA’s SNF VBP prediction tool that allows a facility to estimate the financial impact different rehospitalization rates will have on their revenue.
1. Understand how CMS calculates the measures, risk adjustment, the facility score and payment adjustment.
2. Use and access the CMS SNF VBP feedback reports and the SNF Performance Score Report.
3. Apply the incentive payment multiplier.
4. Use the SNF VBP prediction calculator to estimate the financial impact different SNFRM rates have on your Part A revenue.
5. Adopt best practices to help either avoid a payment penalty or receive an increase in your Medicare Part A payments.
Principally, nursing home administrators, directors of nursing and any other staff including corporate staff who are responsible for payment models and rehospitalization reduction efforts.